The PTO Communications Committee has centralized the submission process for posting events, clubs, and announcements to the HES PTO community. Communications include the Highlights email (sent weekly), Facebook page, and PTO website. Please submit your announcements and events online via the form below. If you have questions or problems submitting, please review the FAQ at the bottom of this page.
Upcoming Highlights Calendar – Issues and Deadlines
The Highlights email is sent every Sunday The deadline for submissions is the Tuesday before at 5 p.m.
- Sun 10/10: Deadline, Tuesday 10/05 @5 p.m.
- Sun 10/17: Deadline Tuesday 10/12 @5 p.m.
- Sun 10/24: Deadline Tuesday 10/19 @5 p.m.
- Sun 11/01: Deadline, Tuesday 10/26 @5 p.m.
- Sun 11/08: Deadline Tuesday 11/03 @5 p.m.
- Sun 11/15: Deadline Tuesday 11/10 @5 p.m.
- Sun 11/22: Deadline, Tuesday 11/17 @5 p.m.
- Sun 11/29: Deadline, Tuesday 11/24 @5 p.m.
Please follow these guidelines for submissions:
- Submit all items into the online form below, a few weeks ahead of your event or deadline to ensure you’re in the Highlights email.
- Keep your submission “blurb” to about 4 to 5 sentences. There is a 500-character limit on the form. If you have more info than can fit, consider making a flyer to include for more info.
- In your blurb, make sure you include all pertinent info: who, what, where, when, why, and how (including links and/or contact email for more info or questions). The submission should be written as you would like it to appear in the Highlights so we can copy/paste. Please proof and spell check your submission.
- If you have any forms, links, images, logos, or flyers to include, please include/upload those below. File size maximum is 2MB for images and 3MB for pdfs.
- Once you submit the form, you will receive an email confirming the information submitted. If anything is incorrect, please resubmit entirely and note in the comments that it is a correction.
- As a reminder, school newsletters promote PTO, school district, or township events and activities. Private, commercial, or community-based programs should submit their information to the T/E bulletin board. We include select new items listed on the T/E bulletin board in the Highlights. Here is info on how to submit information to the T/E bulletin board.
Please read below for more information on Hillside PTO communications.
What information is sent in the Highlights email?
PTO communications contain PTO, school, and district-related news and information. All content must be reviewed and approved by the school principal. Submissions are subject to editing and omission.
Can I include my non-school community event in the Hillside Highlights PTO email?
Community-based programs should submit their information to the T/E bulletin board. We include a select list of new items listed on the T/E bulletin board in the Highlights email. Here is info on how to submit information to the T/E bulletin board.
What is the deadline/when do you send the email?
The Highlights Email is sent every Sunday to staff and parents who sign up at the website to receive the it. Highlights email submissions are due Tuesday at 5 p.m. the week before the Highlights is sent. Please note that submissions received after this deadline will be included in the following issue. All submissions are reviewed and approved by the principal.
How can I sign up to receive the Highlights email?
You can sign up here.
Can I get my post on the website and Facebook page as well?
Selected posts from the Highlights will be featured on the PTO website and Facebook page. Feel free to include requests with your submission, or make a special request via the online form. Generally it takes a couple of days to have items scheduled and posted on the website and/or on Facebook.
My file upload is not being accepted or it’s saying it’s too large.
Check the file type first. Images can be jpg, gif, or png format. Flyers can be PDF. If your file is larger than the allotted size, (2MB for images and 3MB for pdfs) you will receive an error message from the system and will need to make your files smaller before resubmitting. Google “pdf compress” or “image compress” for online tools to help with this.
If you have further questions, please contact us. Thank you!